School Employees Benefits Board (SEBB) Program
What is the SEBB Program:
Starting January 1, 2020, all eligible school employees of Washington State school districts and charter schools will receive statewide benefits through the School Employees Benefits Board (SEBB). The Legislature established the SEBB Program to ensure all school employees and their families have access to affordable, high-quality health care.
The open enrollment period will be from October 1 through November 15, 2019, and any changes made during open enrollment will be effective January 1, 2020. If you do not select plans during open enrollment you will automatically be enrolled into defaulted plans.
Important Information about SEBB Enrollment:
- Everyone will need to provide documents that prove your dependents are eligible, even if you have previously verified them with your employers, such as a marriage or birth certificate, certificate of domestic partnership, or tax return before they can be enrolled under your coverage. The full list of acceptable documents will be provided to all employees in the month of September.
- If you or your children are currently enrolled in Washington Apple Health (Medicaid) coverage, and you are eligible for SEBB Program coverage, you must enroll yourself and your children in SEBB benefits. You cannot waive SEBB medical benefits for Apple Health coverage, but you can be enrolled in both. If you are a current Apple Health client, you can apply to the Premium Payment Program, which provides reimbursement for your SEBB Program medical premiums.
- Your current plans, rates, and deductibles will be carried through December 31st, 2019 as planned for the transition of SEBB.
SEBB My Account
A new online enrollment system called SEBB My Account will make it easy and accessible to make your elections on your computer, tablet or smartphone. You will be able to check your provider's availability online to see if your current providers are in-network.
There will be an in-person fair in October and a virtual benefits fair will be available for you to access 24/7 during the open enrollment period.
Actions you May Take During Open Enrollment:
During open enrollment, you will have the ability to take the following actions:
- Enroll ( if not currently enrolled but eligible)
- Add/Remove dependents (with proper documentation)
- Change plans when available, or
- Opt-out of a plan
Qualifying Life Events:
Once the enrollment deadline has passed, your choices are binding until the next open enrollment period. Mid-year cancellation is not permitted. The only exceptions allowed are if you experience a qualifying life event. Completed enrollment forms and documentation of qualifying life events will be required. A list of qualifying life events and supporting documentation include:
- New Eligible Dependents ( Up to Age 26)
- Loss of Coverage for Spouse
Additional SEBB INFORMATION & LINKS:
The School Employees Benefits Board (SEBB) Program FAQ contains answers to many program-specific questions and it is updated frequently as new information becomes available. The FAQ is available here: https://www.hca.wa.gov/about-hca/school-employees-benefits-board-sebb-program-faqs
Dental and Vision Plans
The WEA Select dental and vision plans have one monthly cost, no matter how many dependents you cover. Be sure that all your eligible dependents are covered under dental and vision. As a reminder, Dental and Vision plans are mandatory! Medical is currently optional and available on a pro-rated basis to anyone who is a minimum of 720 hours per year.Vision Plan Summary This shows benefits for the 2018-19 year. The cost is $16.47 per monthDental Choices are:
Dental Plan B -provides a variety of Dentist choices in our area and is a graduating percentage coverage plan beginning at 70% coverage for some services. If you do not choose a dental plan you will default into Dental Plan B.
DeltaCare Managed care plan. This is a straight deductible plan and is less expensive. Dentist choices are limited. Please use the Find A Dentist tool https://www.deltadentalwa.com/tools-and-resources/find-a-dentist.aspx and choose DeltaCare for the "In Network" search.
There is no Ortho in either plan Dental Plan B $91.21 DeltaCare Managed Care $56.30
Understand Your Options
Medical Choices 2018: Summary of Benefits and Rates 2018
Support to help you understand your options and choose what’s right for you
Aetna Plans 1-855-878-4101 United Health Care (UHC) 1-844-219-3630
(Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm PT) (Monday - Friday 7am-8pm PT)COBRA Information: Office of Insurance Commissioner Washington State